Bladder cancer is one type of cancer which starts growing inside the bladder. Usually it is found in the cells inside the bladder. Bladder means a balloon shaped organ which is used to store urine. It is found in the pelvic area.
Bladder cancer mostly affects old age people than younger ones. The chances for bladder cancer to recur is more even if it is diagnosed in early stages.
Dr.Salanki’s Center For Urology offers best treatment for bladder cancer with quick results and at affordable cost.. Dr. Prabhudev M Salanki is an experienced surgeon for Bladder Cancer Surgery Bangalore.
Symptoms Of Bladder Cancer
The most common symptoms for bladder cancer is as follows :
- Presence of blood in urine.
- Frequent urination
- Painful urination
- Back pain
- Pelvic pain
Causes Of Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is occurred due to the abnormal growth of cells in the bladder. These cells develop some changes which let them grow in an uncontrolled manner and thus tumour will be formed with these abnormal cells.
Types Of Bladder Cancer
Different types of bladder cancer includes the following:
- Transitional cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
Treatments For Bladder Cancer
- Surgery should be performed to remove the tumor - Transurethral resection of bladder tumour helps in the removal of bladder cancer which is restricted to the inner layers of the bladder.
- Radical cystectomy - This operation is performed to remove the entire bladder and also its surrounding lymph nodes. Radical cystectomy is performed in men for the removal of the prostate and seminal vesicles.
- Ileal Conduit - Surgery is also performed for creating a new way to leave urine from the body . During this surgery, a small piece of tube is created by thee surgeon using a piece of the patient’s intestine.
- Continent urinary reservoir - Another procedure includes creating a small reservoir for urine inside the patient’s body.
- Orthotopic Neobladder - During this surgery, the surgeon will remove the urinary bladder and makes a neobladder using a segment of small intestines.